All Services are FREE
Our Pregnancy Test
• Laboratory rated (CLIA waived)
• More than 99% accurate
• Can detect the hcG pregnancy hormone as early as 7 days following conception.
• Self- Administered pregnancy test with guidance from an advocate.
If you think you may be pregnant, do not jump to conclusions right away. A missed period is one of the most common symptoms of pregnancy. However there are other indications that may include:
• Late period
• Tender or swollen breasts
• Frequent urination
• Nausea or vomiting
• Lightheadedness or fainting
• Food cravings or aversions
• Darkening of the nipples
We have counselors ready to help and give information on Parenting, Adoption, and Abortion. Please see our “You have Options Page” for more information or give us a call at 352-493-7773.
Abortion Recovery helps individuals and families overcome the emotional and psychological complications that are often experienced after an abortion. Abortion Recovery changes your life forever. It gives you a sense of personal peace which heals internal brokenness, repairs relationships and brings back intimate friendships. Recovery gives a new beginning to life following an abortion. For many, emotions surface after the abortion experience, due to unresolved psychological, physical and spiritual aspects.
Prenatal & Parenting Classes:
*1st, 2nd 3rd Trimester
*Your Developing Baby
*Bonding with your Baby
*Your changing body
*Amazing Talents of your baby
*Your Baby’s secret world
*Getting Ready for Baby
*And many, more.
* Ongoing planning for mother and baby’s future
* Abortion education
*Ongoing personal counseling, friendship and support.
*Community resource referrals
Visit our Earn While You Learn Page to learn more and to see our Baby Boutique .
Resource Referrals: Covers Levy, Gilchrist, & Dixie County
*Family *Food & Clothing *Medical *Pregnancy *Work & Education *WIC *Medicaid *Health
Your girlfriend has just told you she’s pregnant, and life as you know it will never be the same. Surprised, scared, happy, upset? Know that your feelings are valid and normal. Maybe you are looking for a “quick fix”. It can seem like a waste of time to stop, to think, to gather all the facts you need. But slow down. Take your time. Learn all you can before making a decision that cannot be reversed and may have unexpected consequences that last a lifetime. Don’t bail. She is looking to you for help and guidance.
Here’s some quick advice that may be of benefit to you right now:
• LISTEN: The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
• STAY CALM: She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
• TALK ABOUT IT : Not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and Harmony Pregnancy & Resource Center to help guide you in your decision making process. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
• GATHER ALL THE FACTS: :Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for all of you. Harmony Pregnancy & Resource Center has ALL of your options information.
• EXPRESS YOURSELF HONESTLY: :it’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
DON’T BAIL: The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
• DON’T PRESSURE HER: Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
• DON’T FORGET: You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.
Dealing with an unplanned pregnancy may be one of the most difficult challenges you will ever face. Don’t try to face it alone. Reach out to someone who has your best interest at heart and has nothing to gain financially from your choice. As scary as it may sound at first, talk to your parents. After initially being startled by the news, most parents calm down and want to help. You might also want to reach out to a trusted teacher or your pastor.